What you should know about us…
The attorneys at O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C. focus on meeting the many needs of businesses and their owners. Our experienced attorneys work with businesses and their owners at all stages of the business life cycle, helping them start, grow, and transition their businesses. We also assist business owners with their personal legal needs, including tax and estate planning, and family law.
The firm’s practice groups include:
- Litigation including business litigation, class-action litigation, appellate services, arbitration/mediation, plaintiff’s personal injury litigation, and family law.
- Business Law including formation, organization, and choice of entities; shareholder, buy-sell, and operating agreements; corporate governance; commercial contracts, including e-commerce, software, technology, manufacturing, supply, distribution, leasing, and licensing contracts; and franchise/dealership agreements.
- Mergers & Acquisitions including advising buyers and sellers, including private equity firms, and management teams, in asset and stock deals, mergers, divestitures, recapitalizations and restructurings, and management buyouts; and advising businesses and investors on securities compliance matters at the state and federal level, including drafting and reviewing private placement offerings and convertible debt instruments.
- Banking, Receivership & Creditors’ Rights including receivership, corporate bankruptcy, commercial foreclosures, insolvency-related litigation, complex commercial collections, out-of-court corporate restructuring, and commercial loan transactions.
- Tax Advice, Planning & Controversy including transactional tax and consulting, individual tax and succession planning, employee benefits and executive compensation tax, real estate tax, tax controversy, tax-exempt organizations and charitable giving, and state and local taxation.
- Estate & Business Succession Planning including trust and estate administration, business succession planning, charitable planning, fiduciary representation, and probate.
- Labor & Employment including representing the interests of management in discrimination or wrongful termination cases, labor and union matters such as collective bargaining and labor arbitration, litigating non-compete agreements, trade secrets claims and unfair competition matters, wage and hour litigation, employee benefits such as 401(k)/ERISA matters and matters involving executive compensation, defending claims and charges before EEOC, NLRB, DOL and numerous state agencies, and human resources matters such as disciplining and terminating employees, advising on accommodation and leave issues, drafting agreements, policies and procedures and providing supervisory training.
- Inheritance Litigation & Will Contests including grounds for challenging a will, trust, beneficiary designation, or gift.
- Family Law including divorce and legal separation.
- Real Estate & Construction including real estate development and land use law, as well as construction law.
Because we know that businesses and their owners rely on attorneys during some of the most fulfilling—and frightening—times in their lives, we combine the experience and proficiency of a large firm with the personal approach of a local law firm.