Diligent and Fearless Representation
Paul is a member of the Litigation and Real Estate Practice Groups of O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C. He assists clients with prosecuting and defending all types of civil litigation cases. He has experience representing clients with business litigation, construction and real estate disputes, inheritance disputes, and class action lawsuits, to name a few. Paul simply enjoys practicing law and is dedicated to obtaining favorable results for his clients.
Representative Case Experience
- Parrish v. Weaver, Eastern District of Wisconsin Case No. 2:17-cv-01500 (summary judgment for defendant in alleged misrepresentation and failure to disclose home defect case for alleged water entry into basement).
- State ex rel. Peter Odgen Family Tr. of 2008 v. Bd. of Review, 2019 WI 23, 385 Wis. 2d 676, 923 N.W.2d 837 (unanimous decision of the Wisconsin Supreme Court holding agricultural taxation of real property does not require business intent, saving client over $800,000 in assessed property value for taxes).
- State ex rel. Peter Ogden Family Tr. of 2008 v. Bd. of Review for Town of Delafield, 2018 WI App 26, 381 Wis. 2d 161, 911 N.W.2d 653 (published decision of court of appeals reversing circuit court’s dismissal of certiorari petition).
- Servpro of Southeast Milwaukee County v. Anne Weikel, Kenosha County Case No. 18-CV-174 (trial verdict in client’s favor, plus award of attorneys’ fees against opposing party).
- Talmer Bank & Tr. v. Jacobsen, 2018 WI App 15, 380 Wis. 2d 171, 908 N.W.2d 495 (published decision of court of appeals clarifying that the third-party exception to the American Rule applies in breach of contract actions).
Order of the Coif, honorary scholastic society for law students
J. Michael Riley Award for excellence in the study of tort law
Dean’s List, University of Wisconsin Law School, magna cum laude
Dean’s List, University of Wisconsin–La Crosse, honors
Member of Pi Sigma Alpha, honorary society of the American Political Science Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Member, Brown Deer Plan Commission
- Chairman, Brown Deer Zoning Board of Appeals
- Member, Bench Bar Committee of State Bar of Wisconsin
- Volunteer, Milwaukee Justice Center