One of the Initial Members of the Firm
Tom is one of the initial members of the firm. He counsels his clients with general corporate and business law matters, including transactions such as acquisitions, sales, contracts, and financing. He also litigates cases involving shareholder disputes as well as family law cases involving closely-held businesses, partnerships, and professional associations. As a trained mediator, Tom has also helped numerous clients with the resolution of shareholder disputes, business and family law issues. Tom was selected for inclusion in the 25th Anniversary Edition of The Best Lawyers in America® in Family Law beginning in 2008 and has each year since, including 2017.
Tom Advises Clients With
- Complex contractual negotiations
- Business financing
- Business acquisitions and sales
- Shareholder issues and litigation
- Divorce litigation for business owners and their spouses
Examples of Tom’s Recent Client Work
- Lead attorney in $110 million stock redemption in 2017
- Lead attorney in a $63.0 multi-store retail grocer million asset sale
- Lead attorney in 9 figure pending asset sale
- Lead attorney in the $19.0 million sale of a distributor to an NYSE company
- Successfully negotiated the settlement of a minority shareholder squeeze out
- Defused minority shareholder threats to sue the majority owners
- Represented owning and non-owning spouses in multi-million dollar divorce cases involving auto dealers, retail sales, manufacturing, distributors, bankers, and professionals
- Advised rapid-growth client for many years, helping them achieve Top 50 Business recognition by the US Chamber of Commerce
- Tom is one of the founders of the Divorce Cooperation Institute, a group dedicated to fostering cooperation and greater professionalism among family law practitioners. He has served on its Board of Directors and is the organization’s treasurer since its inception in 2003
- Legal Advisor, Heartlove Place
- Appointed by the Wisconsin Supreme Court as a Member of the Office of Lawyer Regulation for the Milwaukee Area
- TEAM Industries, Inc.
- Plan Administrators, Inc.
- DeRosa Corporation
- Color Ink, Inc.
- Asset Management for Professionals, Inc.
- McAdams, Reality
- Horizon Retail Construction, Inc.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®, Family Law 2008–2020
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™–AV, reflecting an attorney who has reached the height of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity
- Trained Mediator
- Bank Officer