Joseph E. Gumina
Joe leads O’Neil Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing’s Labor & Employment Practice Group and has extensive experience representing management in a vast array of employment and labor matters. He is licensed to practice law in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin and has represented clients in litigation matters in both state and federal courts, including the federal district courts in Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin.
Joe has significant experience as a seasoned litigator having tried cases to juries in both federal and state courts achieving resounding success for his clients. He has also represented the interests of his clients in other parts of the country, including Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Ohio, New York, and Utah.
Joe Assists Clients With
- Employment Discrimination Litigation
- Non-Competition and Trade Secret Litigation
- Appellate Matters before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, the Appellate Court of Illinois, and the Wisconsin Court of Appeals
- Collective Bargaining Negotiations
- Union Grievance and Labor Arbitration Proceedings
- NLRB and Unfair Labor Practice Matters
- Union Issues Regarding Acquisitions, Plant Relocations, and Plant Closings
- Occupational Safety and Health Matters
- Wage and Hour Issues
- Proper Employment Practices to Avoid Litigation
- Employment Policy Drafting and Review