O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C. is pleased to announce that eighteen lawyers have been named to the 2020 Edition of Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Best Lawyers has published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.
“For more than a third of the century,” says CEO Steven Naifeh, “Best Lawyers has been the gold standard of excellence in the legal profession.” President Phil Greer adds, “We are extremely proud of that record and equally proud to acknowledge the accomplishments of these exceptional legal professionals.”
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise, and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
We would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to the 2020 Best Lawyers in America list:
- Jean M. Ansay – Commercial Litigation, Tax Law
- Douglas P. Dehler – Litigation – Insurance
- James G. DeJong – Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Seth E. Dizard – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation Bankruptcy
- Peter J. Faust – Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- John G. Gehringer – Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law
- Joseph E. Gumina – Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Carl D. Holborn – Trusts and Estates
- Dennis W. Hollman – Corporate Law, Trusts and Estates
- Grant C. Killoran – Litigation – Health Care
- Dean P. Laing – Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Gregory W. Lyons – Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Insurance
- Patrick G. McBride – Commercial Litigation
- Thomas A. Merkle – Family Law
- Chad J. Richter – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- John Schreiber – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Steven J. Slawinski – Construction Law
- William A. Wiseman – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey. Over 54,000 leading attorneys cast more than 7.3 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”