On October 8, 2014, O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C. hosted a Continuing Legal Education seminar focusing on legal issues of interest to Wisconsin small firm and solo practice attorneys. Approximately 70 attorneys attended the event. The firm’s Managing Shareholder, Jim DeJong, presided over the event.
Chad Baruch of Dallas, Texas was the keynote speaker for the seminar. Attorney Baruch spoke on effective legal writing. He also spoke on constitutional law issues and moderated a panel discussion on corporate drafting issues. Bob Gagan, President of the State Bar of Wisconsin, also participated in the seminar. Attorney Gagan discussed the resources available from the State Bar of Wisconsin to assist small firm and solo practice attorneys.
A number of O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C. attorneys spoke at the event, including:
• Randy Nash and Greg Mager discussed State Bar of Wisconsin projects with State Bar President, Bob Gagan.
• Dean Laing presented on several litigation issues, including the impact of social media research in litigation and emerging deposition and expert witness practice issues.
• Pete Faust, Doug Dehler, Joe Maier, and Joe Newbold participated in a panel discussion with Chad Baruch on corporate document drafting issues.
• Joseph Gumina presented on recent developments in labor and employment law.
• Grant Killoran presented on legal and practical issues related to the handling of electronically stored information.
• Seth Dizard, Melissa Blair, and Tim Van de Kamp participated in a panel discussion on recent developments in creditors’ rights, bankruptcy and receivership law.
If you would like any additional information regarding the seminar, including copies of the seminar materials, please contact Grant Killoran via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 414.276.5000.