On October 7, 2015, O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C. hosted a Continuing Legal Education seminar entitled “Hot Legal Topics for Small Firms and Solo Practitioners” focusing on legal issues of interest to Wisconsin small firm and solo practice attorneys. Over 50 attorneys attended the event.
The firm’s Managing Shareholder, Dean Laing, presided over the event.
Chad Baruch of Dallas, Texas was the keynote speaker for the seminar. Attorney Baruch spoke on effective legal writing. He also spoke on constitutional law issues.
A number of O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C. attorneys also spoke at the event:
- Patrick McBride, Joe Newbold, Melissa Blair, and Christa Wittenberg participated in a panel discussion on the role of judicial clerks and court staff in state and federal court proceedings.
- Tim Van de Kamp presented on commercial lease issues.
- Carl Holborn and Greg Mager presented on asset protection in divorce and family transfers.
- Seth Dizard presented on recent developments in receivership law.
- Grant Killoran and Greg Lyons presented on legal and practical issues related to commercial arbitration in the United States and abroad.
O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C. will hold this seminar again in the Fall of 2016.
If you would like any additional information regarding the seminar, including copies of the seminar materials, or if you would like to attend the 2016 seminar, please contact Grant Killoran at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 414.276.5000.