Real Property, Commercial Loans and Business Contractual Representation
Claude counsels business owners primarily in real estate and business transactions. For over 30 years, Claude has represented landlords and tenants in commercial lease transactions; buyers, sellers and developers of real property; lenders and borrowers in loan transactions; property owners in zoning matters and objections to property tax assessments; entrepreneurs in business start-ups and corporate organizational matters and existing businesses, by providing trademark and copyright protection and by drafting and negotiating manufacturing agreements, distribution agreements and other contracts.
Examples of Claude’s Recent Work
- Serving as the primary legal counsel for several major telecommunications companies for more than 25 years, Claude has negotiated hundreds of lease and license agreements and handled dozens of zoning matters in connection with the location of antenna facilities.
- Claude won a decision from the Wisconsin Court of Appeals which overturned an illegal commercial property tax assessment, saving the client over $100,000 in real estate taxes over a four year period.
- Claude has served as lender’s counsel to more than a dozen banks in real estate and asset-based lending transactions.
A life-long resident of Milwaukee, Claude has volunteered for over 30 years, serving as an officer and board member for a number of non-profit organizations including:
- Westown Association, Inc.
- In Tandem Theatre, Inc.
- Milwaukee Christian Center, Inc.
- Walker’s Point Development Corporation
- Jackson Park Neighborhood Association
- St. Josephat Basilica Foundation
- AT&T Wireless
- TCF Bank
- Associated Bank
- Schwaab, Inc.
- Recipient of an AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5.0 rating by Martindale-Hubbell