The construction industry functions in an environment of complex regulatory, contractual, and business operations issues. That’s why the O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C. construction law team partners with clients up front to anticipate problems, reduce risk, and set the foundation for successful projects and strategic growth. Our proactive process often saves clients time and money.
Clients rely on O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing’s depth of knowledge and extensive experience to help set up, negotiate, and advocate relationships with key segments of the construction industry. We partner with the client to ask the right questions, remove barriers, foresee issues, and facilitate timely and efficient project completion. Our construction law team works with key members of our litigation team to provide you with the resources, expertise, and foresight to:
- Arrange financing for and acquire development sites
- Ascertain environmental concerns
- Prepare and evaluate RFPs, bids, and bid protests
- Draft and negotiate agreements with contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, suppliers, developers, architects, engineers, lenders, and labor unions
- Evaluate insurance matters, including Owner Controlled Insurance Programs (OCIPs)
- Prepare, prosecute, or defend claims for delay, extra work, cost overruns, non-performance, default, interference, and acceleration
- Investigate and evaluate OSHA issues and site-related accidents
- Perfect, resist, or enforce construction liens
- Resolve a range of disputes involving structural steel, wall systems, foundations, roofs, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and water treatment systems, sealants, glass, underground pipeline, concrete, remedial action work, demolition, abatement of asbestos and lead paint, and many other industry-related systems and technologies
Every category of construction has specialized issues and requirements. Our team’s experience reflects an impressive range of project work that allows us to serve a diverse client base.