O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C. provides a wide range of services to clients in all areas of real estate law including:
- Acquisition and disposition of commercial and mixed-use urban and suburban developments
- Retail, office, and condominium development
- Financing for all types of real estate transactions
- Corporate and tax aspects of real estate transactions
- Commercial leasing, including extensive retail office leasing
- Brokerage, landlord, and tenant enforcement matters
- Annexation, zoning, and other land use matters
- Objections to property tax assessments
- Tax-increment and other forms of governmental assisted financing and leasing of real estate
- Litigation and bankruptcy
Our lawyers possess extensive experience involving a wide range of real estate-related issues, including the problems that arise in bankruptcy workouts and mechanics’ liens; environmental and land use, including remediation of contaminated properties; and complex construction litigation.
Our primary clients are real estate developers ranging from retail developers to residential, subdivision, and condominium developers. We also work extensively with major property owners, real estate lenders, as well as buyers and sellers of commercial, industrial, farm, and residential real estate. In addition, we represent non-real estate companies in connection with their real estate related activities.
The Real Estate Development and Land Use Group also routinely represents clients in all aspects of drafting and negotiating leases for retail projects, from national anchor leases to local small tenant space transactions. The group staffs transactions to achieve maximum efficiency and value for our clients.