Britany is a member of the Business Law and Tax/Succession Practice Groups where she focuses on tax planning. Britany offers planning strategies on entity selection and formation; prepares and negotiates organizational documents such as operating and shareholders agreements; and structures mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations. Additionally, she assists clients with various federal and state tax matters, including advocating on behalf of clients involved in tax controversy disputes with the Internal Revenue Service, the Wisconsin Department of Revenue, and other state taxing authorities.
Prior to joining the firm, Britany worked at a “Big Four” public accounting firm utilizing her certified public accounting license to effectively navigate the myriad of tax, accounting, and regulatory issues to help manage compliance risks and enhance returns.
- Senior Business Tax Services Consultant, Investment Management Practice, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Law Clerk, Assurant Health
- Student Attorney, Marquette University Negotiation and Mediation Clinic
- Legal Intern, Circuit Court of McLean County, Chief Judge Elizabeth Rob
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Wisconsin
- Dean’s List, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Dean’s List, Marquette University
- Senior Editorial Staff, Marquette University Intellectual Property Law Review
- Inductee, Marquette Pro Bono Society
- Member, Wisconsin State Bar
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants