Practical Legal Advice
Chad is a shareholder and member of the firm’s Business Practice Group. His practice focuses on working with privately held businesses and their owners, assisting them with the various legal issues they face in operating their business on a day-to-day basis. This includes legal issues businesses have in dealing with their customers, vendors, suppliers, competitors, and employees, and the laws and contracts governing those relationships.
As part of his practice, Chad has considerable experience in mergers & acquisitions working with businesses that are going through transition events such as mergers, acquisitions, and sales. He has represented numerous clients on deals ranging from $100k up to $22M.
An area of concentration for Chad has been assisting corporate clients that are involved in dealership/distribution and franchise models, and counseling them on the unique contractual and business issues they face as dealers/franchisees. Over the past 15 years, Chad has worked with well in excess of 350 different dealership/franchise models.
Chad prides himself on providing efficient, practical legal advice, and developing long-lasting relationships with his clients. He strives to obtain an intimate knowledge of his clients businesses’ to help ensure their continued success going forward.
Representative Client Work
- Served as lead counsel on the purchase and sale of numerous local and regionally based businesses in transactions ranging from $100,000 to $22,000,000
- Worked with well over 350 different dealership and franchise models across the U.S. and internationally in varying product and service based industries for both business-to-business and consumer based businesses
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™–AV, reflecting an attorney who has reached the height of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), 2019
- Selected for inclusion in 2014–2018 Wisconsin Super Lawyers, Law & Politics and Milwaukee Magazine
- Selected for inclusion in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 Wisconsin Super Lawyer Rising Stars, Law & Politics and Milwaukee Magazine
- Midwest Business Brokers & Intermediaries, Outstanding Leadership Award, 2012
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising
- Midwest Business Brokers and Intermediaries, Board Member–Past President
- International Franchise Association, Former Member/Supplier
- Oak Creek Public Library Foundation, Board Member–Chair